- This event has passed.
5G PPP projects @IEEE BSMB’18
6 June 2018 - 8 June 2018
The IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting 2018 will feature a wide technical and industry program covering the latest research and innovation in multimedia systems and broadcasting.
The conference will include several workshops focusing on 5G. A main 5G workshop approaching the last innovations and research activities in 5G PPP is organised. Moreover, the conference will hold specific workshops organized by one Phase 1 project and several 5G PPP Phase 2 projects: 5G-Ex (Phase 1), 5G-Xcast, IoRL, 5G-Transformer, 5G-CORAL, 5G-Ex, Bluespace, NGPaaS and 5G-MEDIA (Phase 2 projects).
5G PPP Main Workshop. Phase 2 in 5G PPP: from Theoretical Studies to Proof-of-Concepts and Technology Demonstrators. The workshop includes the following topics:
• 5G New Radio: novel techniques in modulation, coding and waveform.
• Beamforming and massive MIMO.
• 5G Radio Access Network design.
• 5G Core Network design.
• Network Slicing for dynamically adaptable 5G networks.
• Proof-of-concepts, prototypes and demonstrations for 5G.
• Technology advancements for specific verticals such as M&E, IoT or automotive.
Workshop S1. on “Point-to-Multipoint as Key Technology Element for 5G Systems” is organised by 5G-XCast. The workshop will accept papers related to PTM for next generation 5G networks. More particularly:
• 5G Radio Access Network design for point to multipoint transmissions. • 5G Core Network Design for broadcast technologies. • Seamless convergence of fixed, mobile and broadcast networks.
• Evolved Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service (eMBMS) and 5G New Radio.
• Novel techniques in modulation, coding and waveform.
• Technology prototypes and demonstrations for broadcast in 5G.
• Advanced techniques for other digital terrestrial systems: DVB, DVB-WIB or ATSC 3.0.
Workshop S2 on ” A Scalable and License Free 5G Internet of Radio Light Architecture for Services in Homes and Businesses” is proposed by IoRL. The main topics in this workshop are: • Broadband communication solutions for buildings. • Integration of IoRL technologies. • The broadband capacities of mmWave. • VLC technologies and the flexibility of SDN/NFV. • Design of radio-light solutions • Proof-of-concept and demonstration on radio-light.
Workshop S3 on “Control and Management of Vertical Slicing including the Edge and Fog Systems” is provided by 5G-Transformer (Phase 2), 5G-Ex (Phase 1) and 5G-CORAL (collaborative project).
The workshop will gather the following list of topics:
• Mobile and fixed Transport Network Architecture
• Multi-domain service and resource orchestration.
• Business mechanisms and economic framework for network slicing.
• Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC).
• Protocol and API developments for network slicing.
• Security threats and control mechanisms in network slicing.
• Policy enforcement on sliced infrastructures.
• Migration from existing operational networks towards sliced environments
• Novel designs for Edge, Fog and Cloud integrated systems including orchestration and control.
Workshop S4 on “5G Infrastructure: Requirements and Enablers from Broadcasting and Multimedia Applications” is organised by Bluespace and focuses on:
• 5G infrastructure
• Requirements and Enablers from Broadcast/Multicast.
• Spatial Division Multiplexing in the RAN.
• Compact and reconfigurable infrastructures.
• Network Function Virtualization (NFV) paradigms.
• Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC).
• Passive Optical Networks (PONs).
Workshop S5 on “Accelerating Microservices: Design and Development” is proposed by NGPaaS. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
• Cloud-native microservice architectures including RAN, CORE, xHaul, Applications.
• Hardware acceleration and abstraction.
• Re-programmable infrastructures.
• Automation and verification.
• Resource orchestration.
• High performance development and operational environments with simplified and accelerated production.
Workshop S6 on “Media delivery innovations using flexible network models in 5G” is organised by 5G-MEDIA. The workshop seeks previously unpublished technical papers on the topics:
• Architectures for SDN/NFV to enhance media delivery towards 5G.
• Applications using flexible networks in the media domain.
• New media applications using flexible/ virtualized networks towards 5G.
• New mechanism for media delivery in 5G which can benefit from flexible network models.
• QoE / QoS approach in flexible network models.
• Improved CDN models.
• Infrastructures proposal to run media experiments on 5G.
The 5G-XCast Phase 2 project will also organise a one day tutorial on Tuesday, June 5. The registration to the tutorial is already open and it is not required to attend the BMSB conference. The places are limited, so in case you are interested to attend please register as soon as possible here.
-Submission Extended Abstract: December 22, 2017
-Notification of Acceptance: March 9, 2018
-Submission Camera-Ready Papers: April 23, 2018
-Tutorial 5G-Xcast: June 5, 2018
-Symposium BMSB 2018: June 6-8, 2018