- This event has passed.
5G PPP CfP @ IEEE NFV-SDN’18
27 November 2018 @ 8:00 - 29 November 2018 @ 17:00
5G networks design and evolution is considered as a key to support the introduction of digital technologies in economic and societal processes, leading to the fourth industrial revolution, which is impacting multiple sectors. To fulfil the set of identified requirements and -in parallel- take into account the peculiarities associated with each vertical industry, 5G networks have to be operated by intelligent orchestration platforms able to support end-to-end applications and services provision over a programmable network, compute and storage infrastructure. By leveraging virtualization and softwarization technologies, developers and operators have to better match needs and capabilities, building application-aware networks and network-aware applications.
Towards this direction, the main technical focus of the 5GNetApp workshop regards the presentation of approaches tackling design, development and orchestration aspects of both network applications and network services, focusing on one hand on the interplay among intelligent orchestration mechanisms in both levels (applications and network services orchestration) and, on the other hand, on validation and verification mechanisms of the developed software. Edge computing synergy with NFV and SDN, Separation of concerns among Intelligent Application and Network Services Orchestration and Validation and Verification of Network Services and VNFs are within the core aspects tackled in the workshop.
- Intelligent NFV Orchestration Mechanisms;
- Vertical Applications/Edge Computing Orchestration Mechanisms;
- Interplay with OSS/Slice Management Systems of Telcos;
- Edge computing synergy with NFV and SDN;
- Profiling mechanisms for Network Services and Applications;
- Validation and Verification of Network Services and VNFs;
- Northbound slice management interfaces towards vertical application orchestration mechanisms;
- 5G Network Slice Management;
- Network Slice Intent modelling and translation mechanisms;
- Secure Network Services and NetApps Orchestration Mechanisms.
Workshop Paper Submission:
Prospective authors are invited to submit original workshop papers for publication in the IEEE NFV-SDN 2018 Conference Proceedings and for presentation in the technical sessions. We solicit submission of high-quality papers reporting original and novel research results on the workshop topics. Papers must be written in English, un-published and not submitted elsewhere. They must be formatted according to the standard IEEE double-column conference template. Workshop papers may be up to five (5) pages in length (10pt font); max. One additional page with overlength page charge of 100 USD if accepted.
Submission of papers is going to be realised via https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=25030
- Workshop Paper Submission: August 28, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: September 20, 2018
- Camera-ready Paper Submission: October 7, 2018