- This event has passed.
Open Living Lab Days 2022
20 September 2022 - 23 September 2022
ENoLL supported by the City of Turin, the House of Emerging Technologies and CTE NEXT organises the Open Living Lab Days 2022 – “The city as a Lab, but now for real! Re-working open innovation environments for inclusive, green and digital transition through emerging technologies” on September 20-23 in Turin (Italy).
About 400 innovators from Europe and around the world are expected for this annual Living Lab event.
ENoLL selected the best papers and workshops that participated in the open calls in the previous months, and today we have the event program here.
Some key speakers are announced: Jeff Cherry, Managing General Partner at Conscious Venture Partners, and Gianluca Galletto, Urban Innovation Expert and former Chairs Office, MD Tech & Innovation Parterships at NYC Housings Authority. 5 sub-tracks: Society, Governance, Green & sustainable, Transformation and Beyond the city.
There are 4 plenary session panels:
- The House of Emergency Technology in Italy and Beyond, where we will illustrate the project and the first results of the Turin CTE NEXT in comparison with other Italian Emerging Technology Houses, describing how emerging technologies and 5G can be used in the service of citizenship. Of course, we will also look beyond Italy and exchange practices internationally.
- Scaling up, scaling out and scaling deep for social innovation, where we will examine the role of public authorities and the third sector in social innovation. Next, we will explore the replicability of social innovation systems (scaling out) and delve into the roots of social innovation (scaling deep).
- Urban Testing models in Europe and Beyond, starting with our Torino City Lab we will analyse how city labs are a unique tool for promoting innovation in a holistic and inclusive way. Along with us, city living labs from Eindhoven, Nantes, Nagoya and Medellin will showcase their best practices.
- Living Labs as enablers of the transformation of European cities toward climate neutrality, produced in collaboration with the Energy Center in Turin, Italy, the panel aims to analyse how living labs can help achieve climate neutrality by 2030. The reflection will take place in the context defined by the EU Mission “Climate Neutral and Smart Cities” and the related goal of having the first 100 climate neutral cities by 2030, among them Turin.
Among the workshops the one organized by the New European Bauhaus STAvangeR where they will show how “smart art” is a good way to provide innovative methods and tools to governments. The participants will experience how an artist can facilitate the production and sharing of knowledge.
In short, the event is really rich and varied, but it looks fixedly at the goal of making our cities more sustainable, innovative, digital, future cities capable of meeting the real needs of its inhabitants.
Also of note:
- The Learning Lab on September 20, a day of lectures and workshops to learn about the fundamentals of living labs, both for newcomers and practitioners. A perfect opportunity to expand one’s knowledge of the living lab approach.
- The Gala Dinner on September 22 evening at the Nuvola Lavazza where awards will be presented, as well as the presentation of new ENoLL members. The dinner will also include a dance party with some ENoLL members on instruments and vocals.
- And finally, the site visits on September 23: three tracks where you can visit Turin’s innovation sites and talk to local practitioners active in technological, social and green innovation.
The event is really a great international showcase, and for this reason, please consider reserving a booth. This way you will surely have the opportunity to exchange ideas and insights with professionals, international researchers, representatives of the European Union, city institutions and MISE. The booths can be of two sizes with different prices. You can find the details here.
For any information about the event, tickets and registration please visit the official website which is constantly being updated.