1st IEEE ICASSP Signal and Data Processing for Next Generation Satellites (SDP-NGS) workshop
June 4 - June 9
You’re invited to submit your recent and original work on topics related to signal processing for satellite communications to the 1st IEEE ICASSP Signal and Data Processing for Next Generation Satellites (SDP-NGS) workshop, 4 – 9 June, to take place at the beautiful Rhodes Island, Greece.
So far, the developments in the New Space era have focused on achieving efficient broadband connectivity for fixed mobile terminals through low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites. However, recent advances in communications technology and standardization, backed up by important industrial industry players, have opened the door for advanced direct mobile-to-satellite connectivity scenarios that include global broadband, Internet of Things (IoT), and emergency applications.
The developments towards these ambitious goals must be supported by exhaustive research activities in signal processing for satellite communications, ranging from physical layer designs to satellite mission definition. Breakthroughs in these areas will unleash significantly higher data rates, a seamless integration with the terrestrial networks, and an economically sustainable infrastructure.
This workshop aims to fill the gap between the identification of current signal processing challenges faced by the space industry and researchers. Thus, we aim to have a comprehensive set of technical activities embracing numerous aspects including:
- Multi-antenna solutions for space and ground terminals: beamforming, anti-jamming, etc.
- New waveforms covering major use cases.
- Multi-access options.
- Radio resource control and disaggregated network control management.
- Propagation learning.
- Satellite mission optimization and data routing.
- Joint positioning and communication systems.
- Optical wireless physical layer design and network dimensioning for user communications and inter-satellite links.
- In-space (edge) data processing and management (Earth observation, communications, space awareness,…).
- Workshop Paper Submission Deadline: 24 February 2023
- Workshop Paper Acceptance Notification: 14 April 2023
Workshop Camera Ready Paper Deadline: 28 April 2023