The 5G IA, together with selected 5G PPP projects, will be at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, 25-28 February 2019.
Please visit our booth 7K17 in Hall 7 to discover 5GPPP projects’ demos and achievements and to discuss the evolution of 5G in Europe.
About the 5G PPP:
The 5G Infrastructure Public Private Partnership (5G PPP) is a joint initiative between the European Commission and European ICT industry (ICT manufacturers, telecommunications operators, service providers, SMEs and researcher Institutions). The 5G-PPP is now in its third phase where many new projects were launched in Brussels in June 2018. The 5G PPP will deliver solutions, architectures, technologies and standards for the ubiquitous next generation communication infrastructures of the coming decade. The challenge for the 5G Public Private Partnership (5G PPP) is to secure Europe’s leadership in the particular areas where Europe is strong or where there is potential for creating new markets such as smart cities, e-health, intelligent transport, education or entertainment & media. The 5G PPP initiative will reinforce the European industry to successfully compete on global markets and open new innovation opportunities. It will “open a platform that helps us reach our common goal to maintain and strengthen the global technological lead”.
Our key challenges for the 5G Infrastructure PPP are:
- Providing 1000 times higher wireless area capacity and more varied service capabilities compared to 2010
- Saving up to 90% of energy per service provided. The main focus will be in mobile communication networks where the dominating energy consumption comes from the radio access network
- Reducing the average service creation time cycle from 90 hours to 90 minutes
- Creating a secure, reliable and dependable Internet with a “zero perceived” downtime for services provision
- Facilitating very dense deployments of wireless communication links to connect over 7 trillion wireless devices serving over 7 billion people
- Ensuring for everyone and everywhere the access to a wider panel of services and applications at lower cost