- This event has passed.
5G PPP @IEEE CAMAD’18
September 17 @ 8:00 - September 19 @ 17:00
5G-PHOS is co-organizing a Workshop on 5G Wireless and Optical Technologies for Mobile Communication Systems, in collaboration with the 5G PPP projects 5G-ESSENCE, 5G-PICTURE and 5G Bluespace.
This Workshop, co-located in IEEE CAMAD 2018, aims to offer an opportunity for academic and industrial researchers to discuss on feasible solutions including evolutional technologies and ecosystems for the realization of 5G and beyond. CAMAD is held in Barcelona, Spain, on 17-19 September 2018.
5G-PHOS, 5G-ESSENCE, 5G-PICTURE and 5G Bluespace are calling for papers.
Prospective authors are invited to submit original and unpublished work on research topics including the following:
- Novel 5G radio access network (RAN) architectures.
- Fiber/Wireless convergence for 5G Front/Back-hauling.
- Analog/Digital Radio-over-Fiber solutions for 5G communications.
- CoMP (coordinated multi-point) transmission and reception.
- Access control for converged hybrid Optical/Wireless networks.
- Distributed antenna systems.
- Advanced relaying, user terminal relaying.
- Small cell deployment, femtocells, picocells for dense/ultra-dense deployment.
- Terminal intelligence, Context awareness.
- Advanced radio resource management (RRM) techniques.
- Interference management, interference awareness.
- Inter-cell interference coordination (ICIC, eICIC).
- Congestion management.
- Emerging technologies in 5G physical layer.
- Interference-robust air interface.
- Higher-order massive MIMO, Active antenna systems (AAS).
- Multiuser communications, Network information theory.
- Novel modulation and coding schemes.
- Enhanced voice and video, Telepresence
- Point-to-point (P2P) / device-to-device (D2D) communications
- mmWave 5G communications.
- Channel characteristics and modelling.
- Beamforming, beam tracking; Mobility solutions.
- Energy efficiency and energy consumption models.
- Joint RF-baseband optimization, end-to-end energy optimization.
- Aggregation of intra and inter-band carriers for both FDD and TDD.
- Cognitive radio and dynamic spectrum access.
- Adaptive radio access techniques.
- Prototyping and test-bed for emerging 5G technologies.
-George Kalfas (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki).
-Idelfonso Tafur Monroy (Technical University of Eindhoven)
-Ioannis Chochliouros (Hellenic Telecommunications Organization S.A. (OTE)