- This event has passed.
5G-SMART Trial Open Day in Kista on May 10, 2022
May 10 @ 7:30 - 15:00 CEST
5G will be a key enabler for realizing the vision of highly efficient, connected, and flexible factories. In the 5G-SMART research collaboration project, Ericsson, industry partners and academia have been analyzing, validating and demonstrating how 5G can improve manufacturing.
You are invited to learn more about the future of 5G in manufacturing including our two keynotes as well as presentations of the project results and all three trials:
- 5G-empowered robotics at the Ericsson smart factory in Kista, Sweden
- 5G-enhanced manufacturing processes at the IPT Fraunhofer shopfloor in Aachen, Germany
- 5G for enhanced factory automation at the Bosch semiconductor factory in Reutlingen, Germany
For the on-site audience there will be the possibility to visit the Kista trial site.
These testbeds examine and evaluate the opportunities of 5G in several industrial use cases and thereby provide key insights and valuable feedback to all stakeholders in industrial 5G. All 3 trial sites are endorsed by 5G-ACIA.
Program (8:30 -16:00 on site Kista CEST / 9:30-12:00 online CEST)
08:30-09:00 Mingle (on-site only)
- 09:00-09:15 Welcome and opening
Leefke Grosjean, Ericsson, Project Manager 5G-SMART, Krister Landernäs, ABB, Technical Manager 5G-SMART
- 09:15-09:45 Keynote – “Towards Autonomous Robots – Role of Wireless Communication”, Xiaolong Feng, PhD, Docent, Business Area Research Manager, ABB Robotics and Discrete Automation
- 09:45-10:15 5G integration and enhancement for smart manufacturing
Berna Sayrac, Orange; Dhruvin Patel, Ericsson
10:15-10:30 Coffee break
- 10:30-11:00 Keynote – “5G in industries – today and tomorrow”,
Mikael Prytz, PhD, Research Director, Research Area Networks, Ericsson
- 11:00-11:45 Overview of the trials and discussions,
Ognjen Dobrijevic, ABB; Niels König, Fraunhofer IPT; Davit Harutyunyan, Bosch
- 11:45-12:00 Q&A
12:00-13:30 Lunch break
13:30-16:00 Trial site deep dives (on-site only)
- 30-minute On-site visits in smaller groups to the Kista trial demo
- Presentations from Aachen trial site
- Presentations from Reutlingen trial site