ETSI Research Conference: Maximizing the Impact of European 6G Research through Standardization
6 February 2023 - 8 February 2023
The ETSI Research Conference will take place on the 6th to the 8th of February 2023 in ETSI Headquarters, Sophia Antipolis, France.
This face-to-face event provides an exceptional opportunity for the research community to come together with industry representatives and standardization experts to discuss future technology research and links to standardization developments.
Maximizing the Impact of European 6G Research through Standardization
At the beginning of 2023, the Smart Networks and Services Joint Undertaking (SNS JU) will launch the first phase of 5G / 6G research projects, many of which will play a crucial role in the definition of next generation networks. The ETSI Research Conference will provide the perfect platform for these new projects to present their purpose and plans and exchange with the standards experts on their standardization roadmaps.
In addition, the ETSI Research Conference will provide guidance to researchers on how to get involved in standardization, present success stories and examples of research being integrated into standards, as well as indications from the standards community as to where they would seek research input to help move next generation standardization forward.
It is intended to make the event a fully interactive exchange between researchers, projects, industry and standards experts, with an overall objective of increasing visibility of European research initiatives and accelerating the journey from innovation / research, standards and on to global market deployments.
The event will also include poster sessions presenting several of the new SNS JU projects.
By attending the event:
- the research community will be able to learn about the latest European research projects, and the plans for future activities and funding as well as guidance on when, where and how to get involved in standardization
- the standards community will be able to learn about the latest innovative technology research areas that may have an impact on their future work, as well as making early connections to projects of relevance to their work
- the wider ICT community will be able to learn about latest research and technology developments and network with the researchers who will be at the leading edge of these innovations
- all attendees will be able to enjoy an open and honest exchange, and the ability to network with experts leading the technology innovation for the next generation of networks
The agenda should be available early December.
The event is open to all upon registration. Registration will open shortly.
ALL INFO HERE: https://www.etsi.org/events/2130-etsi-research-conference
Members of the Programme Committee:
- Rui L. Aguiar, Steering Board Chair, NetworldEurope
- Bernard Barani, Deputy Head of Unit, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- David Boswarthick, Director NET (New Technology Department), ETSI
- Carlos Lopez Rodriguez Policy Officer, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Diego Lopez, ETSI ISG PDL Chair, ETSI ISG NFV NOC Chair
- Markus Mueck, Programme Committee Chair, ETSI Board Vice Chair, ETSI Board RISE Chair
- Riccardo Trivisonno, 6G-IA Pre-Standards Working Group Chair
- Colin Willcock, 6G-IA Board Chair
650 Route des Lucioles
06560 Valbonne – Sophia Antipolis
Tel: +33 4 92 94 42 00
Information about the venue, travel, visa, and accommodation is available here.