- This event has passed.
5G PPP projects @ETSI workshop on 5G: “5G, From Myth to Reality”, April 21st, 2016
21 April 2016 @ 8:00 - 17:45 CEST
ETSI organises a workshop on 5G in ETSI headquarters in Sophia Antipolis (France) on April 21st, 2016. The summit will have a poster session on invited topics (e.g. R&D initiatives, SONATA, 5G NORMA, CogNET, mmMAGIC, 5G-ENSURE, SELFNET, 5G-Crosshaul, 5G-Ex, METIS-II, VirtuWind, FANTASTIC-5G will share objectives and vision), to trigger an exchange of views on aspects of 5G that are not covered in the summit sessions.
This event will review the potential of these classes of use cases from a socio economic and technological perspective. It covers issues such as:
• Motivations and business models behind the use cases?
• Potential socio-economic consequences of 5G?
• Real requirements and expectations of the stakeholders and how can they influence the discussion?
• How the 5G roadmap departs from planned LTE roadmaps?
• Do we have a harmonized view, across different regions, or at least in Europe?
• Why is 2020 important? What can realistically be achieved by that date?
This event is subdivided into different sessions. Each session will start with a few presentations introducing the topic. At the end of each session, a panel of experts will discuss key aspects covered, together with the summit participants.
The event is free of charge and open to non-members.
Bernard Barani -European Commission
Simon Hicks – ETSI GA Chair (& Chairman of the Summit)
Dirk Weiler – ETSI Board Chair
Nick Sampson – Board 5GCom Chair
Markus Dominik Mueck – Board 5GCom Chair
Jamshid Khun-Jush – Board 5GCom Chair
Erik Guttman – 3GPP TSG SA Chair
Luis Jorge Romero – ETSI Director General
Adrian Scrase – ETSI CTO
Kevin Flynn – 3GPP Marketing & Communications Professional (COM)
Joern Krause – Technical Officer 3GPP (MCC)