- This event has passed.
Full5G Webinar on 3GPP Release 18 – Opportunities for Industry Verticals
November 30 @ 15:00 - 17:00
Monday 30 November 2020, 15:00-17:00 CET
This 2-hour webinar is for anyone interested in finding out more about what 5G means for industry verticals in the rapidly advancing digitisation of many sectors, with insights on automotive, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, media and broadcasting:
- 5G Automotive Association (5GAA) [https://5gaa.org/]
- 5G Alliance for Connected Industry and Automation (5G-ACIA) [https://www.5g-acia.org/]
- European Utilities Telecom Council (EUTC) [https://eutc.org/]
- 5G Media Action Group (5G-MAG) [https://www.5g-mag.com/]
- 5G Health Association (5G HA) [https://5g-health.org/]; White Paper (July 2020) https://5g-health.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/5G-Health-Whitepaper-V1.pdf
It is a key opportunity to hear from top-level experts in 3GPP [https://www.3gpp.org/] with the Chairmen from SA (Service and System Aspects) and RAN (Radio Access Network) on hand as we delve into new requirements for Release 18, presenting opportunities and giving practical guidance on what’s involved.
The industry verticals present their viewpoints and requirements before taking part in an interactive discussion with the 3GPP Chairmen.
- Georg Mayer, 3GPP TSG SA Chairman
- Balazs Bertenyi, 3GPP TSG RAN Chairman
- Maxime Flament, 5GAA CTO and member insights
- Michael Bahr, Siemens and 5G-ACIA
- Julian Stafford, EUTC with Erik Guttman, Samsung
- Jordi Gimenez, 5G-MAG
- Prof Dr Med Christoph Thuemmler, Helios Park Klinikum Leipzig and 5G HA
Hosts: Stephanie Parker and John Favaro, Trust-IT and Full5G
Participants will find out how they can benefit from 5G standardisation, see the benefits of being part of 3GPP and/or an industry association, and joining forces on common requirements and priorities to help deliver on the promises of 5G.
The webinar builds on over two years of engagement between 3GPP and verticals, first through workshops and now through a webinar series co-organised by 5G-IA, 5G-ACIA, 5GAA and PSCE with a view to lowering barriers to 5G standardisation for any sector wishing to come on board.