- This event has passed.
‘Smart Networks and Services Info Session’ @EuCNC 2021 & 6G Summit
11 June 2021 @ 14:30 - 17:30 CEST
The 5G IA is pleased to invite you at the “Smart Networks and Services Info Session” on 11th June, @14:30-17:30 CEST during EuCNC & 6G Summit.
This EuCNC session aims to explain the scope, objectives and structure of the European partnership on Smart Networks and Services (SNS), part of the Commission proposal for a Council regulation establishing the Joint Undertakings under Horizon Europe. A key goal of the SNS Partnership will be to define and implement the research, innovation and deployment roadmaps that will enable Europe to lead in the creation of the next generation of smart network technologies and services. These will be designed and implemented in such a way that European values like security and privacy are safeguarded and that European technological sovereignty is further strengthened. The Partnership will also focus on the full digitization of European society including vertical industries and public administration. Thereby, the SNS Partnership targets to have a positive impact on the quality of life for European citizens and boost the European data economy.
The SNS Partnership has two main objectives, namely:
- Fostering Europe’s technological sovereignty in 6G by implementing the related research and innovation (R&I) programme leading to the conception and standardisation around 2025, as well as preparation for early market adoption of 6G technologies by the end of the decade. Mobilising a broad set of stakeholders will be key to address strategic areas of the networks and services value chain from edge- and cloud-based service provisioning to market opportunities in new components and devices beyond smartphones.
- Boosting 5G deployment in Europe in view of developing digital lead markets and of enabling the digital and green transition of the economy and society. For this objective, the JU will coordinate strategic guidance for the relevant programmes under the Connecting Europe Facility, in particular 5G Corridors. It will also contribute to the coordination with national programmes including under the Recovery and Resilience Facility as well as other European programmes and facilities such as Digital Europe Programme (DEP) and InvestEU.
The Workshop consists of two sessions:
- The first one will provide information about the SNS proposal, the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA), as produced by NetworldEurope and key candidate areas that could be considered for the first Work Programme.
- The second session includes a panel discussion with key stakeholders.
They will provide their views about challenges and opportunities under the SNS Partnership. The panel aims to serve as an open and interactive forum for discussion with the participants.
Please see the programme of the SNS Info Session.
- European Commission’s strategic objectives & preparatory actions (Peter Stuckmann, European Commission)
- SRIA – a NetworldEurope community exercise for guiding communication innovation in Europe (Rui Aguiar, NetworldEurope ETP)
- SNS Partnership introduction (Colin Willcock, 5G IA)
- Ideas for the SNS Work Programme (Alexandros Kaloxylos, 5G IA)