- This event has passed.
Towards a 5G Connected World: A Security Insight, ICT2015 Networking session, Lisbon, 20/10/2015, Room 12, 16:50-17:35
20 October 2015 @ 17:50 - 18:35 CEST
A session covering the security aspects of 5G will be organized as part of the Networking Sessions of ICT 2015. The session goes under the title: “Towards a 5G Connected World: A Security Insight” and will take place in Room 12 on Tuesday 20/20/2015 from 16:50 to 17:35.
The session aims to provide an open forum for discussion about how security should be considered with upcoming 5G systems, networks and components. The ubiquity of 5G network thrives the need for secured environments that will provide users a safe, fast and reliable connectivity underpinning the future generation of application and services.
The session will pave the way towards open security considerations in the initial core 5G design such as multi-operator isolation, privacy preservation between virtual tenants, trust requirements and management in heterogeneous environments and low-latency security constraints at the physical level in 5G systems.
- Identification of the major security requirements and concerns around future 5G systems from different perspectives.
- Open discussion about the security challenges and aspects of future 5G networks.
- Security as a driver towards the future 5G-connected digital society
The session is divided into three major blocks:
- Five lighting talks (5 minutes each) will be carried out by five different experts:
- Dr. Ioannis Neokosmidis (INCITES Consulting, Luxemburg)
- Dr. Dimitris Kanakidis (Exus, Greece)
- Dr. Haitham S. Cruickshank, (Institute for Communication Systems – ICS, University of Surrey, UK)
- Jordi Ferrer Riera (i2CAT Foundation, Spain)
- Dr. Emmanouil Kafetzakis (Orion Innovations, Greece)
- Open panel discussion between experts in the panel, the public and interactive participant who can join the discussion using the hashtags #5GSecurity #ict2015 (15 min).
- Conclusion and closure from Eduard Escalona (i2CAT, Spain) project manager of the CHARISMA project (5min).
Related Twitter channels / hashtags: #5gppp; #5GSecurity; #ict2015.