2nd 5G City Hackathon
November 21 @ 9:00 - November 22 @ 12:00
The 2nd 5G City Hackathon will take place in Lucca, Italy on 21-22 November 2019.
5GCity Hackathon demonstrates, in operational conditions, a distributed cloud and radio platform for municipalities and infrastructure owners acting as 5G neutral hosts. The platform enables to turn a city infrastructure into a distributed and multi-tenant edge infrastructure by relying on the 5GCity orchestration platform, based on OSM, to manage and orchestrate (NFV + MEC) end-to-end services and creating programmable and on demand network slices.
5G PPP Projects members are all invited to participate by forming their hacking teams.
The proposed challenges
- Virtual Reality applications for Digital Tourism (e.g. in Museums, Theatres, Monuments Sightseeing)
- Prevent vandalism and graffiti on city monuments
- Participatory and Collaborative Media Journalism
- eHealth for reduced pollution, eco-routing, etc.
- 5GCity Platform and SDK to implement some of the challenges /new use cases
- Unikraft to prepare unikernels for some of your use cases
Winners Announced: Nov 22 at 3:00pm CET
More info & Registrations at https://hackthe5gcity-lucca.devpost.com/
The event is co-located with the 8th ETSI OSM Hackfest, which will run in the same location at Real Collegio in Lucca (Italy).