- This event has passed.
2nd 5G City Hackathon
21 November 2019 @ 9:00 - 22 November 2019 @ 12:00 CET
The 2nd 5G City Hackathon will take place in Lucca, Italy on 21-22 November 2019. A pre-event webinar is scheduled on November 13th, 2019.
5GCity Hackathon demonstrates, in operational conditions, a distributed cloud and radio platform for municipalities and infrastructure owners acting as 5G neutral hosts. The platform enables to turn a city infrastructure into a distributed and multi-tenant edge infrastructure by relying on the 5GCity orchestration platform, based on OSM, to manage and orchestrate (NFV + MEC) end-to-end services and creating programmable and on demand network slices.
5G PPP Projects members are all invited to participate by forming their hacking teams.
The proposed challenges
- Virtual Reality applications for Digital Tourism (e.g. in Museums, Theatres, Monuments Sightseeing)
- Prevent vandalism and graffiti on city monuments
- Participatory and Collaborative Media Journalism
- eHealth for reduced pollution, eco-routing, etc.
- 5GCity Platform and SDK to implement some of the challenges /new use cases
- Unikraft to prepare unikernels for some of your use cases
Winners Announced: Nov 22 at 3:00pm CET
More info & Registrations at https://hackthe5gcity-lucca.devpost.com/
The event is co-located with the 8th ETSI OSM Hackfest, which will run in the same location at Real Collegio in Lucca (Italy).
Join the pre-event webinar on November 13th, 2019 at 3:00 pm CET.
Click here to get additional info on the event.
Agenda of pre-event:
- Introduction to the 5GCity project
- NFV basics
- The 5GCity platform: architecture, components and dashboard
- Service design with the 5GCity SDK
- Unikraft: toolkit for crafting unikernels
How to join the pre-event webinar:
Meeting number (access code): 800 537 343
Connection via Webex application is highly recommended. The session will be recorded to allow future use of the tutorial for training purposes. Please explicitly state if you intend not to be mentioned and/or be visible in the recording.